I love these oatmeal cookies, they aren’t your traditional oatmeal cookies these have coconut flakes and cereal…yes cereal! No worries it tastes delish. I always make these during the holidays and they're a hit!
I got this recipe from a Kraft food magazine about three years ago and have been using it since. I would definitely call it my go-to cookie recipe.
(adapted from Kraft: comida y familia magazine)
Yields four dozen
1 ¼ c. flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ c. oatmeal
½ c. butter
¾ c. brown sugar
½ c. white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. Corn Flakes or Honey bunches of Oats
1 ¼ c. coconut flakes
½ c. rasins
1. In a small bowl mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and oatmeal. Set aside
2. In a large bowl mix butter and brown and white sugar until fluffy
3. Add in the egg and vanilla extract into butter mixture.
4. Add in the dry ingredients into the butter mixture
5. Add in coconut, rasins and cereal
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.